Friday, September 25, 2015

Oak Leaves for Tag, You're It! #31

Fall leaves are here!  And so is another Tag, You're It! challenge with our talented designer, Jeanne:
I love that color combination with the orange and aqua, and that gold oak leaf is gorgeous! 
 
Here's my take on the tag:
I decided to blend the orange and aqua using DI Ripe Persimmon and Mermaid Lagoon.  I cut the Serendipity Oak Leaf Scroll twice and the top of the tag out of the blended color.  The leaf edges were heat embossed a bit in gold, as well as the sentiment from PTI's Signature Greetings II.  I added a trim of PTI's Orange Zest cs painted with gold acrylic under the top of the tag.  The body of the tag is Momenta designer cardstock and the sequins are from Doodle Bug.  The raw hide is from Crafts, Etc!, and wrapped with 24 gauge wire from H.L.
Here is a close up of those gorgeous leaves from Serendipity!
I had so much fun creating this tag!  I hope you get a chance to play along with Tag, You're It! Challenge #30.  I would really enjoy seeing what you create!
 
Thanks for coming over to visit!  I hope you are having a wonderful day!
 
Kara Lynne

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful leaves and gorgeous gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these gorgeous filigree laves! The colors are so unique too! Great tag!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one gorgeous tag...love those beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ink blending is amazing Kara and I love your artsy taf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kara...your blending skill is amaze me...love the idea gave leaves some gold at the edge..stunning Tag Kara..luv it..see you soon on my blog dear..I miss you ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the kind of Moroccan feel and the added gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is stunning!! i love those pretty leaves and the background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So rich looking, Kara ... gorgeous blending and fabulous touches of gold! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love those delicate leaves and your beautiful colour combination.Super pretty. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so pretty!
    I adore these tones too ;)
    Thanks Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is gorgeous! I love how you sponged the colors on the leaves and added a bit of gold. What a great look. And I obviously need this oak leaf die! Where has it been all my life?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tag!! I LOVE the colors that you used, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tag, Kara! That inky background and those sponged leaves are awesome! And you adding a touch of gold on the edges of those leaves was the perfect finishes! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My apologies for tardy commenting, but here I am, gazing in delight at your gorgeous tag! Your oak leaves, sponged so beautifully, truly touch my heart. My dad 'transplanted' an oak tree into our front year when I was a child (a zillion years ago) and from a tiny twig the first year, with two of the biggest leaves you could ever imagine, it has grown into a tall sturdy tree. Oak trees and my father. He passed away Dec. 30th...And the tree still stands, a memory of his presence in our lives...
    ~c
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous blending of colours of the oak leaves, Kara Lynn!

    ReplyDelete