Thursday, September 15, 2016

You're Out of This World - MFT

I've been wanting to try a space background for some time and since I bought this great MFT stamp set, Out of This World, this summer, I thought I'd give it a go:
The images were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored with Copics, and fussy cut.  They were super fun to color!  Copics used: G02,05,09, Y13,15,17, B12,14,16,18, YR14,68,18, R17,27,29, RV63, 66, YG21,23,25, C00,1,3,5,7,100

For the background, I used a watercolor technique with Distress Inks on the first card, and then I tried just ink blending on regular cs for the next card.  Very different, but I like both effects.  I started with Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, and Salty Ocean, layered them twice, and then finished off with Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot.  I felt like I had just made a big mess until I flicked white acrylic paint all over with a stiff paint brush - then it all came together.

The moon is a half cut Die-namics Circle STAX circle of white cs spritzed with water, crumpled, and smooched thru Black Soot DI pressed on a craft mat.  The sentiment, from the same stamp set, was white heat embossed onto a scrap of black cs and cut into a half fishtail banner. 

I wanted the rocket ship to soar through the sky, so I drew a curved line on the panel and cut around it to create a channel for the rocket ship to fly through.  I added a scrap of excess background behind it to make the flight path less noticeable.  The moon and aliens are popped up with foam adhesive, and the rocket also has foam adhesive as its base (looks like I need some MFT Slider elements).

Here's the ink blended background on plain white cs:

I'm sending the first card out to play in the following challenges:
MFT 2016 Card Design Superstar                                                Virginia's View Challenge #23

Print

Thanks for coming over to visit!  I hope you are enjoying the day!
Kara Lynne

33 comments:

  1. You're background is out of this world!! LOL, no pun intended, it really is awesome!! CUTE card Kara Lynne!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow...look at those background! Love how each one looks ....and yet they are different and BEAUTIFUL in their own way! So happy to see that you linked up to Virginia's View Challenge! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Your background is amazing and your images are colored so beautifully! Good luck in the MFT contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Kara!!!!! This card and background are amazing! You are going to wow everyone with this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and thank your for your sweet comment on my SSS cars! I was so excited to see it featured on the Simon Says stam blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. Love the sky you created, the movement, and also those darling monsters. Good luck with the MFT contest. I'll bet this card catches their eye in a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous results, Kara! I love all the added depth and interest of the watercolor galaxy, but think that the adorable aliens show up better on the inked BG. Love your trick for the moon - have a design in mind that needs a moon and maybe I can give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wooooww so cuuuteeee
    and great coloring the Image
    I love the backhround and the splatter in white Kara
    adorable card and so cute
    I love this and my son if he looks at this will fall in love too
    Biig hugs and thanks for your visit
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing card! Love your awesome background and the moon, and those little images are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background sky is amazing! Love the rocket and fun little images....fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it's terrific!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute card, kara!!! love how you colored up those fun little aliens!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super adorable cards, the backgrounds are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Kara! This card is amazing. I love your fabulous galaxy sky and how you have designed the rocket moving through the sky. So very bold and cute at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Kara ... what stunning backgrounds ... you've captured the space sky so beautifully ... and those bright, wonderfully coloured aliens and rockets are so fun and fabulous against it ... fantastic scenes! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my word, that IS out of this world. I had to stare..a long time, in order to take it all in. You are super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just had to pop back to say CONGRATULATIONS on being picked as an MFT Superstar! I loved seeing your name there because I love your designs and You really deserve the accolade.
    Hugs
    Carol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Kara, this is incredible! What a wonderful and well deserved win, big smiles for you here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! Definitely a SuperStar card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! Amazing background, design, coloring and on and on! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A truly amazing card - just love the BG and how you created the moon. Huge CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YAY, Kara, huge congratulations on being one of the MFT Superstars!! So well-deserved!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  23. So happy to see your Super Star win! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay, congrats to you and your amazing galaxy, Kara Lynne! Happy shopping for more MFT goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kara, I admire your creativity! You have a gift for design!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am gobsmacked with this wonderful card. No wonder they picked you in the top ten. Totally deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable card with a beautiful background! Totally deserved the top 10 status.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are fabulous, girl! Such a great scene! I'm partial to the watercolor one, but the ink blending is divine, too, and the color is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  29. CONGRATS again, Kara! It's no surprise that you would be in the winners circle with this amazing card! So many fabulous details...I'm truly in awe!

    ReplyDelete