Friday, April 7, 2017

Tag, You're It #69 with Joyce Mehrberg

Today we start a new challenge over at Tag, You're It!  Joyce Mehrberg, my dear blogging pal, is our featured artist, and her tag is so much fun!  Here's how I was inspired:
Here is Joyce's tag:
I love Joyce's fluffy pompom and that wonderful cat!  Pompoms remind me of roller skating, so that's the direction I took with my tag.  I kept the rest one-layered like Joyce's tag.  I didn't have a roller skate stamp, so I printed an image on cardstock and die cut the tag around it.  I shaded it with Copics and stamped the sentiment.
Here's how I attached the pompom on the back:
Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Let's Play
Dies:  PTI Basic Bookmark 3
Copics: BG000, BG02
Ink:  SSS Intense Black
Other: 80s Roller Skating Clipart from Clipart Kid, Clover pompom maker - small (the larger of the two), Red Heart Soft Baby Steps - Aqua (yarn)

The team was inspired in many different directions by Joyce's tag, so go on over, take a look, and play along with Tag, You're It #69.

Thanks for coming over to visit!  I hope you have a great day!
Kara Lynne

13 comments:

  1. Stylish and clever. What more can I say? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pompom topper for your old fashioned roller skate is over the stop CUTENESS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab! I love that roller skate and your pom pom is the perfect finishingv touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your fun tag with the roller skate and fun blue pom pom is just so CUTE...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable...lovey our sweet skate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun tag, kara... yep... I remember those big pompoms on roller skates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I remember putting pompoms on roller skates, and ice skates too! Your tag is wonderful, and I love how Joyce has challenged everyone with this idea. I'll have to see if I have any yarn hanging around... Or come up with something different! Have a great weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag, wonderful pompom and love that skatestamp. Looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS perfection Kara Lynne...love it! And I remember putting pom poms on my roller skates too! Now I just put them on knitted baby hats! What a cute idea to put them on a tag though...will definitely have to check this challenge out! FABULOUS tag my friend...thanks for the inspiration!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this! Fabulous pom pom, and I like how you attached it to your tag. More elegant than my method, of course. The ice skate image is perfect, and I like the way you added a but of subtle color. I love seeing how you were inspired by my tag. Such a treat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love your sweet tag with that fun pom pom! Love the blue and that fun skate stamp perfectly paired !

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute tag Kara and I love that beautiful pom pom. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your tag is wonderful! Love the subtle yet striking colouring and that pom pom takes it to another level!

    ReplyDelete