Friday, October 13, 2017

Tag, You're It! #75 with Marcia Hill

Today we kick off a new challenge over at Tag, You're It! with a wonderful fall scene by my dear blogging friend, Marcia Hill!  Marcia is my special guest for this challenge.  Marcia is a beautiful, talented, and encouraging card maker and blogger.  She has a "clean and layered" style which I LOVE, and she's not afraid to try new techniques.

Here's how I was inspired by Marcia:

Here's Marcia's delightful tag:

When I saw Marcia's tag, I was so excited to recreate the fall theme, but as you can see, my tag decided to take another route.
I received a gift certificate in a release blog hop from Studio Katia.  Thank you, Studio Katia!  I chose this adorable stamp set and tag die.  Although it's fall, and this bear is getting ready to go into hibernation, just now he's ready for a party!  The tag shape is similar to Marcia's and her fall sky turned into a blue glittery background for my bear.  The floating orange balloon is reflective of Maria's little orange leaf.

Supplies:
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:  E23,25,27,30,31,35,37,50,51,53, YR00,61,65,68
Other:  glitter paper by Recollections, floss - Hobby Lobby brand

I hope you will join us over at Tag, You're It! for this new challenge.  Take a look there and see the many ways our design team was inspired by Marcia.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Kara Lynne

7 comments:

  1. Your tag is absolutely adorable Kara Lynne! I love the shape of the tag and how you inset the glittery blue...a perfect backdrop for the cute little bear holding his fun orange balloon! Thank you SO much for inviting me to be your special guest for this challenge and for all the kind words too...you are a blessing my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation... I love how we all come up with different ideas. Awesome colouring. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to be able to color like you do, Kara! The shading on that bear is divine and that balloon looks ready to pop any second!! Love it! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful, your bear is so cute and I certainly won't hold it against him that he isn't in the 'fall theme' of things lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your colouring on this cute little bear is awesome, Kara ... his fur looks positively strokable! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring, Kara, is just amazing. His fur... perfect! And I love how the balloon is like the floating leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Marcia's work too and her tag is so beautiful... I'm blown away by your take on it! Oh my, that bear is beyond gorgeous!! Absolutely wonderful with the beautiful tag die too!

    ReplyDelete