Saturday, December 9, 2017

Five Cents Per Cup

Today, as part of the Winter Coffee Loving Cardmaker's Blog Hop, I'm sharing a project I made for my kitchen.  My husband and I made new curtains, and I wanted to extend the fabric into other elements in the room.  I reused a mat and frame that were already in the kitchen.  The kitchen walls are a creamy yellow, but that doesn't show up in the photos.
Did you catch the play on words?  Perk-Up = Per Cup.  I cut the cup and words using the Silhouette and inked them up a bit with Distress ink.  The mat layers had some dimension, so I took a thin layer of batting and put it behind the cup opening and placed the fabric over that.  The negative space of the handle was placed on top of the fabric with glue dots.

We found this shelf at Hobby Lobby, and it works perfectly for a coffee station!  I have some "real" coffee mugs on order.  You know, the kind that hold about twice as much as these little cups that go with my dishes.

Here are a couple of the curtains we made.  It's a bay with a sliding door and two windows, so there are four panels. 
If you have time to hang around...  Another project I made for the kitchen was this:
The photo is a little bleary on the wall with the lighting, so hopefully you can see it better in the next photo:
I designed it in Word using a bunch of text boxes, printed it out, and used a light box to transfer it onto watercolor paper using Copics.  It gave me a watercolored look, but I had much better control by using Copics.

Supplies:
Silhouette files:  Coffee Doesn't Ask Silly Questions Phrase, Warm Winter Wishes
Ink:  Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Fossilized Amber, Evergreen Bough, Hickory Smoke
Fabric: Robert Allen @ Home - Luxury Floral Pool
Copics for word art:  I forgot to write the exact colors down but they were from the warm grays, BGs, and Ys (not really helpful, right).  Also a Copic multiliner for the black letters.

Have fun on the hop!
winter hop square with dates

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!  I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Kara Lynne


18 comments:

  1. I adore this pretty coffee decor piece, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I want to come to your house to have coffee. Love the pun with the perk-up Great job on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this idea. Great look and love the frame work. Awesome projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fantastic! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my.. this is quite awesome! Love it! Perfect piece of home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever and I love that coffee station with your beautiful picture... The kitchen looks wonderful and I love the curtains... Brilliant to make coffee the cup in the frame with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! I love your home decor projects! Fabulous coffee station!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Where do I begin? There's so much I love about this post! Your framed coffee project is so adorable and I love the colors of your kitchen. That coffee station is awesome!!!! I love everything about this post Kara Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...what a BEAUTIFUL and personalized kitchen you have Kara!! I absolutely LOVE the colors (yellow is my favorite color!!) and all your projects to incorporate them! FABULOUS post my friend...you and your hubby do good work together!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a clever lady
    and also so tidy your kitchen
    all in the right place
    love to look at your kitchen
    and want to have one cup of tea with you (I am not drink coffee)
    your wall decoration both are brilliant
    you are a great cardmaker wife and mom..
    love being know you
    see you on my coffee card Kara :)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect coffee area framed picture! Looks amazing~

    ReplyDelete
  12. So creative! Love your coffee station!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely idea to use the fabric for the Coffee cup, it sure looks great in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea for your coffee station decor, Kara Lynne ... and a beautifully created verse ... love how you've used different fonts and colours on key words and phrases! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are an accomplished crafter, Kara! I love your coffee sign (and your awesome play on words!!!) and your other beautiful sign and your drapes and the whole idea of a coffee station and most especially, I love your turquoise teapot!!! You are an inspiration for bringing our hobby outside of the craft room and into the other rooms of our homes! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete