Saturday, February 17, 2018

Super Cute Laundry

This final event, Speed Cardmaking, of the MFT Creative Olympics just about did me in!  When it comes to crafting, I am anything but fast!  My mother used to tell me that my theme song was "I Like to Take My Time" by Mr. Rogers.  In fact, my first attempt was an epic fail, but like the snow boarding events, I used my best time out of three.  Actually, I only needed a second chance to get under the twenty minutes, even though I put all the supplies back so as not to have a head start.  I just needed to crank out those die cuts more efficiently and adhere everything faster!  I certainly was not going to attempt to color quickly for this event.

If I had more time, I probably would've added shading with a little ink blending, and the clothesline would be up a little farther.
And here is the result of my first attempt, which took almost 28 minutes:
No time to even add the clothes pins and I didn't realize it was upside down until it was all done!  I will just end up adding clothespins and cutting off the front to use as a panel on another card base.
Here they are together.  I learned one big lesson from this event, I'm more of a distance crafter than a sprinter!  I also hit a crafting milestone: this card used up the last of my kahuna 36 yard roll of foam tape - I never thought that would happen.

Supplies:
Stamps:  MFT Welcome, Baby
Dies:  MFT Bundle of Baby Clothes, MFT Puffy Clouds, MFT Tall Grassy Edge, MFT Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames
Paper:  MFT Dots and Stripes Confection, MFT Tiny Check Brights, MFT Plaid Patterns, MFT Sno Cone, scraps of green, purple, and yellow
Other:  Memento Pear Tart, Creative Memories corner punch

MFT 2018 Creative Olympics Event #4:  Speed Cardmaking



Thanks so much for coming over to visit!  I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Kara

15 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This card(s) is truly super cute!!! Love absolutely everything about your make!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes me over 20 minutes just to find my supplies! I wouldn't dare enter a timed challenge. This is perfectly delightful in design, and your clothing coloring is fabulous with the patterns. Until reading your post,I thought it was paper piecing. Love the fluffy clouds, the high grass strands, and the little lavender frame is really cute to set off the tiny garments. Enjoyed seeing your first try, as this happens to me....lots! Good to know you've a head start on another cute card. Just became your newest follower too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, you totally cracked me up, I would love to see the look on the face of the person that gets the 'upside down' card. I am not 'fast' either, but it is fun to push those boundaries.... sometimes. LOVE this design Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I've done this too and feel like such a goof!! They are both adorable, right side up or upside down, doesn't matter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I've done that too... upside down! Fabulous card Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super, super cute card, kara!! I have done the upside down thing a couple of times, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card Kara, even upside down! I've done that so many times and I'm still surprised when I do it again. You'd think I'd learn to check first but it happens more than I care to admit. Your card is so adorable and I just love the darling little clothes hanging and that sentiment. Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so adorable and it looks wonderful no matter which direction it's in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling card! Love the clothes on the line and the fun frame for the scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha ... you just had me laughing out loud, Kara ... been there, done that! An adorable design, both ways up ... fabulous detailing ... and so sweet with all those cute pp's! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have totally done this!!! Super cute card and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my!! I am in love!! Both these cards are super cute. I love the little scene and the way you framed it!!! GREAT take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This made me smile when I first saw it on Instagram! I have done this beautiful too. Well any way its a darling card!
    Never got back to you after the email, what a small world , right! If you give me the address where your grandmother lived maybe I could send you a picture of it now. Rancho Cucamonga used to be Cucamonga over 30 plus maybe more then we incorporated with the surrounding cities to become Rancho Cucamonga .

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable Kara and you are so tenacious to make it again to fit in the time limit! Love the Australian version lol.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is super cute (love that sentiment for baby cards) and I can't believe you were able to assemble this in 20 minutes. It takes me longer to make a super CAS card...
    I have to admit I am a little mad at MFT and definitely can't understand why they didn't give you any medals at their olympic games. I looked at some of the cards they picked and they were nowhere near as amazing and medal worthy as yours!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete