Thursday, May 3, 2018

Surgery Woes, But A Bright Future Ahead

Well, my surgery did not go as planned.  It ended up being a full torn rotator cuff repair and my left shoulder is still immobilized for a few more weeks.  The physical therapist moves my shoulder twice a week and that is all for now.  Thankfully this is temporary, but I wanted to let you know why I'm really not back in blogland yet.

Before surgery, I put a few posts together for some upcoming events.  Birthdays, babies, and graduations wait for no man, nor should they.

My nephew is graduating this May and starting law school in the fall.  He is such a fantastic guy and has a genuine passion for helping others.  I am so excited for him!
The gator was colored with copics.  I drew a little diploma for him to hold.  The seal is a stamped and gold heat embossed star with a couple of drawn ribbons coming down from it.
The sentiment was computer generated on green cs.  I then cut out the word 'graduate' on the Silhouette (while holding my breath that I measured the placement right).  It was then ink blended and popped up with foam to form a shaker.  The sunshine was stamped on white cs and then clear heat embossed so that the background could be ink blended without turning the yellow sun green.

This gator is going to play in a couple of challenges:
Heffy Doodle Challenge:  Summer Loving - sunshine and graduation is a great start to summer.
Timeout Challenges:  #108 Wild
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  Animal Magic

 

Supplies:
Stamps:  Heffy Doodle Happy Snappy Crocs, WPlus9 A Pocketful,  PTI Galaxy (small star)
Silhouette and Computer generated sentiment font:  Conventional Wisdom, Calibri
Copics:  YG 21,23,25,63, G05, 0, R27, C00, C0, Multi-liner .3, and .05
Inks:  PTI Bright Buttercup, VersaMark, DI Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass
Paper:  MFT Cool as a Cucumber
Other:  Ranger Clear embossing powder, Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, Michael's star confetti, fun foam

Thanks for coming over to visit!  I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Kara

22 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your operation....Take time to recover x What a fun, unique and thoughtful card for your Nephew and well done him getting into Law School x Love the gator, the vibrant colours and the creative and your fun shaker card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card, Kara! I am so sorry the surgery required was more intensive than planned, patience is what you need and then you will be back full swing!! I love this card and I bet he will be tickled with it! BTW, I colored another bear card (two bears actually!) and I just posted it...I tried doing it the way you showed us, I think it turned out pretty good, still can work on light source...but I think they look fuzzy and cute! Check them out when you are just sitting around eating bon bons and watching soaps (LOL *wink wink!) Heart Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, hope you are on the road to recovery, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry things didn't go as planned with your surgery. I hope you have a quick and easy recovery. Your card is adorable. a huge congrats to the graduate and future lawyer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FABULOUS card Kara and so glad to see you back in blogland, even if it is a scheduled post! Your coloring is amazing as always and I just love the shaker element of this card!! Even though the surgery didn't go quite as planned, I hope the recovery is going well and that it won't be too much longer before we see you back in the swing of things...you have been missed!! Take care my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card this is Kara! I'm glad to see you're still able to create and color, though very carefully I'm sure. The shaker element on this is so fun, little stars.... so cute! Great idea adding the gator diploma too! I can always count on you to inspire me. Stay well and I pray your healing continues to go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry this turned out to be more intensive than first thought. I'm glad your PT is taking care of you and thanks for the update. I think of you often and hope things are going well. This card is so cute and I know he will appreciate the way you made it personal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara this is a fantastic card for a graduate! I bet that he loves it. Congrats to him heading to law school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your surgery is successful, I am having same thing May 8 on my right shoulder. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear that your recovery will be longer, sending big big healing hugs your way x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about your surgery. Must be very frustrating to be out of commission. Your card is so adorable. Love that wonderful dino, and I'm sure he will love law school as much as your nephew. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm so sorry that your surgery did not go as planned, kara! I hope that you heal up quickly!! your card is wonderful and i'm sure your nephew will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a terrific shaker "congradulations" card for your high-achieving nephew, Kara! Colored and designed beautifully, as always! I think of you often and pray that every day is easier than the one before. Hang in there, sweetie! And thank you for taking TIME OUT to play! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. You poor thing, sounds so painful and frustrating. Thank goodness your organised and got your cards made in advance!! This is such a perfect card for a graduate and he will love it I'm sure. Love the font for the 'graduate' and that gator is so beautifully coloured and looking very proud indeed. Look after yourself and I'm so happy to see you at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The look of sheer delight on that cavorting alligator is brilliant, Kara ... you've made him so expressive in his hillside, sunny scene ... love that fun shaker element! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Still saying prayers for your continued recovery ... hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wish you a speedy recovery meanwhile you gator graduation shaker card is fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic and fun card for your nephew!
    Hope your shoulder is getting better every day and that you can start creating again soon!
    Hugs,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kara, this is so awesome. Your nephew is going to love it. Sorry to hear your surgery is taking you out longer than you originally thought. Hope your recovery goes smoothly. Hugs, and thanks for all of your prayers for the triplets. They are so precious. We are so blessed and the babies are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to hear about your surgery... I'm hoping that like me in a few months things will be fine for you. Sometimes it feels like it is never going to get better... That's how I felt but 3 months down the line it's a different story... Hang on in there.
    Your card is magnificent! He will love this! Many congrats to your nephew, the world need more caring people.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable card Kara. Your nephew is going to love this! :)

    Sorry to hear that you had to go further with your surgery. It must be so hard to not be able to move your shoulder. Take care and sending you love and hugs for a speedy recovery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooh I love this! Your crocodile is perfectly colored, I love all the texture you created. The whole card is so fun and I love all the details, your nephew will love this! Take care and thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete