Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Ink Blended Sunset at the Fair - With Video

Having some fun ink blending today!  I made two cards that started the same way with masking the images and blending the background with Distress Ink.

On this first card, I went a little further by spritzing the ink with water, and Copic coloring the rest of the scene.
On this card, I left the masked images white to contrast the colorful sky.

I created a video to show how I masked and ink blended the sky using blending brushes.  You can see it here or on YouTube:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Purple Onion Designs Carnival Background, Journey Sentiment Set, A Beautiful Day Sentiment Set
Ink:  Distress Ink Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Wilted Violet,  SSS Intense Black, VersaMark,
Copics: Y21,23, R30,32,35,37,39, RV21, V000, YG61,63,67,G12,14, E25,27, C1,2,4
Other:  Bristol smooth card stock, 3M sticky notes, blending brushes

Thanks for coming over to visit!  I hope you have a wonderful day!
Kara

9 comments:

  1. Soooo very beautiful Kara, those backgrounds look amazing on both versions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so gorgeous! Love all the wonderful color! What a fun fair scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having serious coloring envy over here!! WOW Kara, the fist card is out of this world. I love the sunset colors. And the shadows you added to the ground...that's brilliant!! Two more amazing works of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your backgrounds look amazing! The darker shades on your first card with wonderful shadows is just like an evening at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the amazing contrast between the cards you did, Kara! The blended sky is spectacular on both! While I love them both, I have to say that first card with the colored foreground just knocked my socks off! The late evening shadows from the trees and tents makes this a look like photograph of a real fairground!! I am in awe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful blending and such am amazing card!! You always delight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are beautiful Kara! The blended skies look amazing. So much fun at the fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know how much I love to see your colouring, Kara, so exploring all the detail on your beautifully blended and coloured fairground has been an absolute delight! I also love the contrast between the 'anti-colouring' line art and the vibrancy of the delicious sky! Impossible to choose a favourite ... both of them I think! Big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous pair of cards Kara and I love that beautiful ink blending.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete