Friday, January 24, 2020

Creating a Scene with Purple Onion Designs and a Video!

Today is the beginning of a five part series on creating a scene around stamped images.  It's been a long project to put together because I usually don't color this much on camera.  I'm more comfortable coloring while sitting with the family watching a movie.  There are five videos showing how I created the following scene:


Part one is out now and focuses on drawing the background and defining it further with Copic markers.  You can watch the video here or on my YouTube channel:

As I look at the photos, I see things that could use some more tweaking, but since the videos are all prepared, I guess I will have to leave it alone - lol!

Purple Onion Designs stamps:  Sugar Plum, Stone Fireplace, Tree House, table from Cookies for Santa, rug from Fireplace and Rug, logs from Fall/Winter Door Decor, candle from Fireplace decor

Copics: 0, 100, C0,1,2,3,4,5, W0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7, E21,23,25,40,41,42,43,44, G20,21,24,28,46, BG70, R30,32,35, YR00,21,23, Y00,11,17

Thanks for coming over for a visit!  
May the Lord bless you today!
Kara

10 comments:

  1. beautiful scene and fantastic coloring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic scene. Will look forward to the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is breathtaking- absolutely beautifully drawn, designed and coloured scene.
    Sue...xxx <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speechless Kara! Your talents are immeasurable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is fantastic! You are such a fantastically talented artist and I am in complete awe. Thank you SO much for taking the time to create this scene and film it. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is BREATHTAKING!!! I am just in awe of that background and scene you created. I don't think I would be able to give it away because it took so much time to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah~Mazing Kara!! You have some mad scene building skills and this one has me floored! This is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally amazing, your colouring is beyond brilliant Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grabbed a coffee to sit and watch... Oh my, you are a true artist Kara and the scene you created is so incredible...I just adore it! The attention to detail is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, Kara, you are amazing ... brilliant scene ... beautifully drawn ... it's just coming to life at your hands! Big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete