Tuesday, July 14, 2020

A Mamma Bear's Heart with SugarPea Designs

It may still be the middle of summer, but I get a little sadder each day knowing that my first baby will be leaving the nest.  I'm so happy for her, but the family dynamic will never be quite the same.  I created a tag to go with a care package that I intend to send about a month or so into the school year:

I ink blended the tag with Distress Ink using SugarPea Designs' new Outdoor Scene Builder stencil.  The bear and bird from Hey Summer were colored with Copic markers and cut out with the coordinating SugarCuts.

The tag design includes a pocket which is perfect for a gift card or a special note.  It's also a good place to add an important message:

SugarPea Designs Supplies:
Stamps:  Hey Summer
Dies:  Hey Summer, Floral Pocket Tag
Stencils:  Outdoor Scene Builder
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Distress Ink Tea Dye, Gathered Twigs, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean
Copics:  E21,23,31,33,34,35,37,47, Y11,13, YR14,68,RV04,21, V04, G24,28
Other:  White EP, Baker's twine

Thanks for coming over to visit!
May the Lord bless you today!
Kara

6 comments:

  1. I remember the day my only baby left the nest...It's tough, but you'll get through it when you see how your baby soars! This is adorable Kara and she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet bear tag!! Your daughter will appreciate it! It’s an adjustment for you and daughter, but you know that you want them to grow and get out there in life to do what they are meant to do. I’m sure you’ve done a great job, Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet Kara! I know she will shine and you will be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet for something that is so hard. Letting them go is hard on the parents but such a wonderful new chapter in their lives. I bet she can't wait to get all the cards you'll send while she's away. Flowers from mama bear is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've given her the wings to fly, Kara ... now she'll be putting them to good use! An adorable little flower toting bear ... with such an important (and fun!) pocket message ... she'll love it ... and the care package to go with it!! Big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is gorgeous! Your little one is a lucky girl... Bless her and you... all will be well

    ReplyDelete