Thursday, March 18, 2021

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Christmas or Spring?

That's a tough question for me, I love them both, just not the time in between that I like to call hibernating season.  Either way, it's always the right time of year to make Christmas cards.  Again I used Zigs on watercolor paper, but challenged myself to only use three markers: Navy, Purple, and Orange.

I fussy cut out the top portion of the scene and added a purple stitched square frame around them.  I have them popping through the frame, but left the ground behind the frame.  Then I used the same frame die to cut out the center of some Navy cardstock and inlayed the purple frame.  Finally, with the frame inside, I die cut the Navy cardstock and snowy ground together with a stitched square.  I made sure the bunny's ears and the snowman's hat were above the die while it was going through the die cut machine.

Supplies:
Stamps: Purple Onion Designs Sweet Snow Friends by Stacey Yacula, Holiday Messages Sentiment Set
Dies: Lawn Fawn Stitched Square Frames, Stitched Square Stackables

Thanks for coming over to visit!
May the Lord bless you today!
Kara

6 comments:

  1. Sooo sweet Kara! ...definitely Spring for me, I don't like the cold, so consequently I live in the sub tropics where there really is no 'acutal' Winter lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! And with only THREE colors?!! You amaze me girl! This card is SO dang CUTE and colored perfectly! And don't even get me started on the die cutting, inlaying, and partial die cutting...I'm totally blown away by this AWESOME card Kara!! LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowman and his friends are sweet and the three colors are a lovely combination. I love how you framed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little trio look perfectly darling all decked out in their grape-y winter outfits! This is adorable, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet scene, Kara ... and a delicious, warm colour palette for these little chums to be wrapped up in against the chill! Big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet images colored perfectly in lovely color, Kara!! Awesome frame, too!!

    ReplyDelete