Thursday, May 14, 2015

Graduation Celebration

Before I get to the cards today, I wanted to let you know that I will be on a little blog break.  As the school year is winding down, the activities are speeding up.  I wish I could be more consistent at commenting right now, but it's just not happening.  Please bear with me, I hope to be back at full speed in June.

We have several graduations to celebrate this year, and I've had a friend asking for some graduation cards too.  I know I sound like a mother when I say, "these kids are growing up way too fast!"  This first card is inspired by Jennifer Mullen's card here.  I loved the way she arranged the buildings.
I cut the banner out of a cut file on the Silhouette.  The cool thing was using the MISTI to perfectly place the sentiment on the banner!  I kept the negative cut, positioned the sentiment, and placed the banner piece back inside like a puzzle.  I'm such a happy card maker right now!
I used Paper Smooches Super stamp set, Smarty Pants stamp set, Sentiment Sampler stamp set, Super 2 dies, Clouds dies, and Bam Bubble dies.  I colored Mr. Super Guy and his cap with Copics.  His hand was cut out a bit for him to hold on to the cap.  The papers are from PTI, and all the card bases on this post are Paper Studios.

These two cards were made with an older Stampin' Up! mortar board colored with Copics.  The clouds were cut using Paper Smooches Clouds dies and the sentiment is PTI's Swoosh stamp set and dies.  The paper is PTI's Spring Rain.


These last two cards used the same Stampin' Up! mortar board and Technique Tuesday's Incredible.  The sentiments were heat embossed with Wow! embossing powders and then the card base was splattered with DI Black Soot.

I used the colors on my first card from this week's Color Throwdown #342  Hey, and he's up in the air too!

I thought I'd throw one last card in the ring over at Virginia's View Challenge Blog where challenge #14 is all about dimension - my favorite!  I've added dimension to each of these graduation cards, but I just really like the depth of the first card.

Thanks for coming over to visit!  I hope you have a wonderful day!  I will see you all back in June!

Kara Lynne

32 comments:

  1. All of these cards are fantastic. I am dying over the cuteness of the first PS card. The way he's holding the mortarboard is hilarious! I had to pin it. :) The die cutting in the cloud cards are awesome! Got to love the Ali Edwards words in the last two--so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all your graduation cards are absolutely fabulous, kara!! the first one is especially fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fantastic, but the first one is MARVELOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those graduation cards Kara!! Terrific designs and that first one is such a fun card! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome graduation cards Kara!! The superhero card is fantastic and looks like you had some fun with your MISTI! Mine will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun cards! Your friend is going to be thrilled with these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woooww so many colors and so lovely cards all
    I love how you show us how to use MISTI
    I wish I can buy it in Germany
    but its only sell in USA
    a bit SAD
    but I love to see you are making so many lovely Graduation cards
    Lovely Post my friend
    Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have really rocked the Graduation cards - I ALWAYS plan to make mine but then it gets to the last minute and where do I find myself - AGGH at the store buying them!! Who does that?!?!? I guess I do as a result of POOR planning!! I hope that you are well and just busy and that you will take care of yourself!!! Super impressed with your cards and might be making some similar to yours so thanks for the nudge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome graduation cards Kara. Love the rich colors and the super hero theme on the first one... the touch of black looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are so brilliant Kara and I really love the idea of the hero holding a mortar board... thanks for the shout out, it hadn't dawned on me that you'd CASE'D my card !!! Love it :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab graduation cards, Kara Lynn! Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! These are all amazing!! That first one sure packs a punch!! Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all wonderful Kara Lynne, gotta say my fave is the Superhero one, isn't he fabulous (I love his hair lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...so many wonderful graduation cards. You will be stocked up for some time. I am in love with your first card, that wonderful superhero is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous card Kara Lynne! thx for sharing the Misti tip too! I just got one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is so fun!!! Fabulous LO...So glad you played with us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What wonderful graduation cards...the little super hero one is absolutely adorable!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Kara Lynne!! These are fantastic! I especially love your superhero - I love that set, but you have put a totally new spin on it! Just LOVE every element especially the detail of the hat in super's hand and the clouds. Love the tossing hats in the air - love the cutout clouds. Love your splattered and embossed cards too. What a wonderful array of creations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great lineup, Kara! Love that superhero, and I totally have that older SU! graduation cap! Thanks for reminding me ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful card designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh splendid!!! Loooooove it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are awesome, Kara!! I love Jenny's designs too - she always rocks the Paper Smooches stamps. Love how you've CASEd her design but totally made it your own. The card with the hats being thrown in the air are my favourites. I may just have to CASE those! :D Hope all is going well with your end of school year activities!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous, awesome, marvelous, spectacular, wonderful. incredible selection of cards Kara. What great things you can do with a mortar board! Hope life settles down for you soon.
    Hugs
    Carol; x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous, awesome, marvelous, spectacular, wonderful. incredible selection of cards Kara. What great things you can do with a mortar board! Hope life settles down for you soon.
    Hugs
    Carol; x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kara these cards are all outstanding!! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You inspire me so much for your beautiful cards Kara!
    I should have done something like that for DD#1 who is graduating tomorrow!!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  27. You rock, Kara. These are amazing graduation designs! Whoever gets that superhero card is gonna feel like one!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kara your cards are AMAZING!!!!! I love the first one especially! It makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Kara! You are back with a bang! These are wonderful graduation cards. the SH card is amazing! Bet you are loving that MISTI. My girls say the end of the year is so busy they can’t wait for it to end. So much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  30. All great cards! So very nicely done! I'm crazy about my Misti too. So thankful that I am able to have one.

    ReplyDelete