Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Father's Day and CCCB Guest Designer

Today I am thrilled to be guest designing at the City Crafter Challenge Blog!  This week's challenge is to use banners.  I loved the inspiration photo, so soft and beautiful!  I decided to move my banners in a different direction, however, in order to prepare for Father's Day.  My father is the true inspiration behind this card, he really was the best dad ever!  I am thankful to say that my husband holds the same title for our girls:  

The card base is from Paper Studio, the wood grain is from MME Miss Caroline, and the aqua is from a paper pad from Momenta called Cardstock.  I cut the "DAD", banners, and tools on the Silhouette.  The tools were a Silhouette cut file called Tool Set.  The tool handles were cut from red cs, and the tools were cut from white paper and then colored with a silver Sharpie marker.  I punched a tiny hole in some of the tools in order to string them.  The word, "best" from "best wishes", a stamp from the PTI stamp set Mega Mixed Messages, was heat embossed onto a red scrap of cs cut into a banner.  The word, "DAD" is popped up with foam tape, and so are the ends for the banners. 

You should see the gorgeous and amazing projects that the design team created over at City Crafters Challenge Blog!  Please join us this week with your banner creations, and thank you so much for visiting my blog today! 
Have a wonderful day!
Kara Lynne

23 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Father's Day card Kara! Love how you created the tools on your Cameo and the eyelets are such a wonderful masculine touch!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect masculine design and great take on the inspiration Kara Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is amazing! I'll play along if I find the time! Congrats on your GDT - they are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous Father's day card, kara... congrats on your guest designer spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those fun colours and a great composition too! A super cool card, thanks for being our guest this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool!!! Love the banner adorned by tools!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a fab card! Congrats on being guest designer! Love the banner with the tools!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Gorgeous card!! I LOVE the banner, so unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BIG congrats on guesting Kara Lynne!! Those little tools hanging from your banner are too cute!! This is such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your card Kara!! That banner is cool! And I'm so happy that you are Guesting with us this week at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BIG congrats on your GD spot, Kara Lynn! Fun card with those mini tools hanging on the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS - so cool and so very fun - IN LOVE with your banner with the letters cut out AND those clever little tools hanging right a long there with the banner!!! So awesome and you have done a great job as Guest Designer - so happy for you - YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy to have you with us as our Guest Designer at CCCB this week, From the moment I saw your card in one of our challenges I became a fan and follower:) Your card is fab! I love the idea of putting a part of the sentiment in your banner. This card is stuning. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is fabulous! I love your blog and will visit some more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Kara Lynne!!! Love the way you decorated the banner and the splashes of red!!! Fantastic masculine card! I am so happy you liked the inspiration photo and was glad that you were paired with me in this challenge! I love your work, it is always so inspiring! Have a wonderful day my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Kara Lynne!!! Love the way you decorated the banner and the splashes of red!!! Fantastic masculine card! I am so happy you liked the inspiration photo and was glad that you were paired with me in this challenge! I love your work, it is always so inspiring! Have a wonderful day my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the GD, Kara! Your card is fabulous! That banner is amazing and I love how you've interspersed tools between the letters. Great design in wonderful colors. Just right for a dad! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being GD, Kara Lynne!! Your card is amazing and fabulously masculine! I love how you made the tools part of the word banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Dad's day card is spectacular, Kara!! Congratulations on the Guest Design spot at CCCB!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kara Lyne this is a stunning card
    I adore your banner
    your wood grain and your color on this the BEST in red paper is perfect
    and you have great DIEs with that all manner tools
    love your Manly card Kara Stunning and congrats on being GD at CCCB
    you deserve it my friend
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this to bits, Kara! Great use of your silhouette, and that banner... Swoon! Congratulations on your gig!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to you Kara! So excited for you and what a card you created! So amazing...love all your fabulous little details that make this so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete