Friday, May 12, 2017

Tag, You're It! #71 Week 2

Each Tag, You're It! inspiration is now open for interpretation for an entire month.  I personally love this format because usually by the time I get to play in a challenge, it's already gone.  We are in the second week of our current challenge and our team has another batch of tags influenced by Lindsey.  Here's mine:

And here's Lindsey's beautiful tag:
I really wanted to practice my no-line coloring some more, so I chose these two gnomes, positioned them like the two tulips together, and gave them predominately red and green outfits.  I love the crisp red and white of Lindsey's tag, so I kept very close to her design.  I debated whether I should keep the background white, but once I committed to the blue, I kept it as smooth as possible to reflect Lindsey's solid (white) colored background.  In hindsight, I think it's too flat for these fellows, but there's always next time.

Here's a close-up of these two rascals:
Now looking at them I think, "why did they shave off their eyebrows?"  Next time I'll have to remember to give them some old man fluffy eyebrows!

Here's how they looked when I initially determined the position of these stamps, before stamping them with masks and in light ink:

Supplies:
Stamps:  MFT You Gnome Me
Dies:  MFT Thanks and Hello, MFT Tag Builder Blueprints 4 (the red circle)
Copics:  0, E000,00,11,40,41,42,43,44, W00,1,3,5, C00,1,2,3,5,6, R24,27,29,59, G20,21,24,28, BG000, B00,02
Ink:  Memento Desert Sand
Paper: PTI Pure Poppy, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Ribbon and twine from Michaels

I hope you will join us this month over at Tag, You're It!  If you go over to the TYI blog, you will see from the design team that there are many ways to interpret a tag!  Thanks for coming over for a visit.  I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Kara Lynne

21 comments:

  1. I agree with Annette, this is out of this world amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Kara Lynne, this is fabulous!! Your no line coloring is perfection and I think the flat blue background really makes these cute little fella's jump right off from it. I've tried no line coloring and I can't seem to keep it in the lines. haha! Your's is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, WOW! I absolutely LOVE your coloring. Your tag is FABulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phenomenal coloring! You are mega talented! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara Lynne, this is fantastic! I LOVE how creative you got with this--amazing! That color is amazing, and your masking technique is perfection! LOVING THIS!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I am amazed at your wonderful coloring, lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you do that? Your creations always look like illustrations in a book ... Stunning!! This is truly spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful...what an amazing tag. Your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring on this is superb!! I LOVE the little gnomes on the mushrooms. I wish I could color like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable and so very fabulous! And I'd never noticed the gnomes don't have eyebrows ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable, and beautiful coloring, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Kara, You're coloring is overboard!!! Adore these guys, but only because you gave them life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, what awesome colouring, Kara ... these little guys are adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kara your no line colouring is awesome, such a cute cute tag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so far behind in my commenting, but just had to stop by and tell you how much I love your FABULOUS tag Kara Lynne! Your coloring is on those cute little gnomes is AWESOME and I am just totally blown away! Perfection my friend...total perfection!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic, too cute tag Kara, love it - absolutely fabulous colouring

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable Kara and you colouring is wonderful!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't work out how I missed this one, how amazing, you have made these little fellas come to life Kara, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your colouring is fantastic - so much detail -it looks real:)

    ReplyDelete