Saturday, November 10, 2018

Twofer Card Challenge #11: Wreath

Wreath is the word for a very festive Twofer Card Challenge this month!  I chose the Lawn Fawn Mini Wreath for my two cards.
This first card looks like a Christmas greeting card:
But it's an invitation...
To a white elephant party!
The elephant and background were colored with Copics and adhered behind the door with 1/4" scor-tape. The door and steps were added on top of a dry embossed background.  I free hand cut some snow drifts to create a walk way and placed the door mat at the bottom.  The wreath was cut once out of cs and once out of glitter paper.  The bow and berry dies come in the mini wreath die set.  A stylus was used to fluff up the bow.

This fall thank you card was created by die cutting squares, then die cutting the wreath out of each square, and replacing each wreath in a different square.  I added another square on the back of each of them to adhere the inlayed pieces together, then arranged them on a piece of kraft cs the size of my 5" x 6,5" card base.  I cut off the overlapping wreaths with a paper trimmer and added the die cut sentiment.
Supplies:
Dies:  Lawn Fawn Mini Wreath, Lawn Fawn Shut the Front Door, MFT Stitched Rounded Squares, PTI Thanks
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Wild for You, MFT Bitty Bears (party sentiment)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:  BG70,72, C00,0,1, R24,27,29,39
Other:  Sizzix Tim Holtz distressed brick embossing folder

We've made a change in the challenge to include stencils as an option for your prompt element:
 
The design team and our guests, Carol L, and Sybrina, have come up with some amazing ways to use wreaths!  I hope you will click over to the Twofer Card Challenge blog to be inspired and join in on the fun!

Thanks for coming over to visit!  I hope you have a wonderful day!
Kara

19 comments:

  1. Now that's something I didn't think I would see behind the door, your cute little elephant totally made me laugh out loud, I want to go to that party! I love both your designs Kara (it's hard to believe that the focus is the same wreath the cards are so different)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. White Elephant! Haven't done that with family or friends in a forever long time! That's a pretty cool invitation, if you ask me!!! Clever and cute! Those wreaths must have taken such a long time to make, but the card turned out so nicely that every second was totally worth it. Fantabulous colors and what a fun design. You're an amazing card maker, my friend. xoxo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your party invitation behind that door is so fun and such a surprise, Felicia! I thought the card front was magical with all that white and all that dementia before you even opened the door! Clever, clever girl!! And your fall Thanks -giving card is sensational with all the color block wreaths in autumn colors! Well worth all the work involved in both designs! Love them, love you! ❤Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!! I LOVE the little elephant behind that door. The wreath is fabulous!! The second card with the pretty fall colors-amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara, two fantastic wreath cards. I love the first one with the white door and the pops of color for the wreath and the surprise inside. And the second is such pretty Fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fab wreath cards, Kara! How fun to made a grid card with all those wreaths - looks great!! Just love the door with wreath too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these are great, Kara! Love all the colors on the Thanksgiving card and the sweet surprise on the invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific cards!! That door is so cool and then there is a teat behind it! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha ... brilliant, Kara ... such a sweet surprise to find that little white elephant behind the door ... so clever! All that white on white dimension and texture is a gorgeous way to show off that tiny, detailed and shimmery wreath ... and of course, the elephant is a big bonus! The autumn colours and warm kraft on your thanks card combine graphic with cosy so beautifully ... puts me in mind of a lovely patchwork throw! You probably need it in that snow! Missing our fun times together ... big hugs, my friend ... Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How FUN and FESTIVE are both your cards Kara?!! Love, LOVE your 1st card with ALL the white and embossing...such a cool front door design! And love the inside too!! Do you do a "White Elephant" party with your family every year? I haven't done one since school, but you've got me thinking now that maybe I should do one with our family this year...thanks for the idea!! Your 2nd card is just as delightful as the first with ALL those inlaid wreaths with the beautiful Fall colors (that are all gone here in MI with the snow covering everything...yuck!!). Two FABULOUS cards my friend...love them both! Hugs!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! The colors on your autumn card really grabbed me. Love that! I was admiring your Christmas card with the door and brick wall, and then when I saw it opened I love it even more. White elephant parties are so much fun! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE what's behind the door on your fun party card! Cute idea, and the multitude of wreaths for the thank-you card looks amazing done in those fantastic autumn colors! Great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, you got me! I thought it was a very pretty Holiday card with those fun snow drifts but what a sweet surprise to find that adorable elephant inviting to a party! That is brilliant! And the pattern you created with your wreaths in warm fall colors looks so beautiful! Your creativity never disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet! LOVE that party invite. So clever to have the door hinged to open. And the elephant is so cute ... a very unexpected surprise! :) Beautiful Thanksgiving card with your autumn colours and grid of wreaths. Great work Kara! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh, I like the two seasonal looks! These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who could have believed that an elephant was behind the door ? This front card is absolutely gorgeous and looks so real. This mini wreath is adorable. So gorgeous also with the fall colours, prefect for the season! Thanks so much for the beautiful inspiration! hugsx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kara, These cards are amazing! I love that sweet elephant hiding behind your door, and the fall colors on the second card are so pretty. How fun to be playing along in this month's Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely use of the wreath die on these two beautiful cards Kara. Then, surprise! an elephant!! You never cease to amaze me with your creative genius. I've been away on vacation and have been playing catch up on blogs. So glad to be back and visiting your blog again. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete