Wednesday, August 28, 2019

SugarPea Designs August 2019 Mix It Up Challenge

So much to love in the SugarPea Designs challenge photo and sketch, I chose to use them both:

 
The bear and bird from Hey Summer were stamped in a light tan ink, colored with Copic markers, and cut out with the Hey Summer coordinating dies.  The main panel and stripes were cut with the stitched rectangle from the Card Front Element Builder.  The little hill was cut from the curved stitched hill die, also from the Card Front Element Builder.  The focal panel and hill were then cut with one of the Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles. The grass was ink blended as well as the background.  I then splattered the background with a bit more ink and white acrylic paint.  Finally, I stamped the top sentiment that is included in Hey Summer, and white heat embossed the bottom sentiment from Everyday Sentiments.



 
Supplies:
SugarPea Stamps: Hey Summer, Everyday Sentiments
SugarPea Dies:  Hey Summer, Card Front Element Builder, Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles
Ink: Memento Desert Sand, CP Lime Rickey, DI Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Black Soot, VersaMark
Copics: E30,31,33,35,37,44,49, W1,4, YR61,65, R05,08, Multi-liner .05

I hope you will join us this month over at SugarPea Designs for our Mix it Up Challenge!  Please check out the SugarPea Designs blog for more inspiration and all the details.

Thanks for coming over to visit!  May the Lord bless you today!
Kara



11 comments:

  1. WOW...this card is so cute Kara, but that bear...oh my goodness is he ever GORGEOUS!! Can a bear be gorgeous??? It's just that your coloring of him is FABULOUS!! You just keep blowing me away time after time my friend, and I'm loving it! Hope you're having a great week. Miss you!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to pet that soft fur on this sweet bear. He is so cute and your coloring is awesome. That is a beautiful background and fun zig zag die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your coloring is superb. Your bear looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your rendition of that fabulous inspiration photo, Kara! OH that guy is SO awesome!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Kara ... that bear is just stunning ... so handsome (and furry!) against the cool, bold background ... his little feathered friend is adorable singing the hip hip hooray! Big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh his fur...it's incredible Kara! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling birthday card with the bear and bird! Awesome coloring on the bear...looks very real!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors on this card and that adorable bear!! He's so huggable I could just give him a squeeze. Sorry I've missed so many of your beautiful creations Kara. I'm trying to get back on track with commenting. Just know that I think they're all amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing. Your coloring of that bear is SPECTACULAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow!! You made that little bear and bird come alive and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete