Thursday, October 17, 2019

A Raccoon, a pumpkin, and an Ink Blot

This little fellow is so pleased with his new pumpkin.  I hope it's not the one off of my front steps!

I had been working on this card on and off for a while, and when I was coloring in the pine tree trunks, the marker dripped:
I wasn't sure if I should scrap the whole thing, or just cut out the raccoon, but instead, I just kept going.  I shortened the stem on the pumpkin so it wasn't going through the ink blob.  Even though it's not where I would choose to put the sentiment, I'm thankful that it was in a spot that could be covered. 

Supplies:
Stamps:  Purple Onion Designs Ginger, Birch Tree Background, Two Forests, Spring Fence, Everyday Blurbs
Copics:  Sky: B0000,000,60, BG70, Grass: G20,21,24,40,43,94,99 Fence: E21,23,25,27, Scarf: B91-99, YG 91-99, Pumpkin: YR02,04,18, E11,13,15, YG90s, Raccoon: C00,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, W00,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7, E40,41,42,43,44,47,49
Ink:  Memento New Sprout, Dessert Sand, London Fog

Thanks for coming over to visit!  May the Lord bless you today!
Kara

15 comments:

  1. Another MASTERPIECE Kara and also a great save!! Why do Copics do that?!! I have a green one that does that too...are they too full? But anyway, your card is simply amazing and the fur on that racoon is SOOO realistic looking!! FABULOUS card my friend...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copics will leak ink when too full or with a change in Barometric Pressure... if the pressure drops [as when a storm moves in] and your Copic pen is tightly capped as it should be, you end up with increased pressure in the barrel - so when you remove the cap the ink will drip out in the act of trying to stabilize the pressure. The very simple answer is to remove both end caps when you color which allows the pressure to stabilize without pushing out the ink.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, and knowing it had a bloop that needed covering...amazing save. That sign looks like it belongs there. Your coloring is fabulous as is your design of the scene. In awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable and a wonderful save. You would never know that happened. Not to be a smart alec but "someone" just told me last week to keep that from happening take the cap off the other end too!!! Now who was that?! Oh, it was my new Copic instructor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, your coloring of the raccoon is fabulous! I don't think I have ever seen texture like you have achieved with this animal - I swear I can feel the fuzz! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW!! I want a video tutorial on how you colored that raccoon!! It is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAY TO GO!! A great coverup! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am BLOWN AWAY by this Kara! Wow, your coloring is the absolute BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love this masterpiece! The texture is absolutely amazing! The fur on the raccoon and his scarf are perfection and the entire scene looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coulda cried! I had a marker 'drip' on a face once, luckily I was able to save that one too. Love your speech bubble idea it's a great save on a great card Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my word... I just want to reach in and pet him!! So fabulous, Kara, and a perfect save!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, this is the cutest and best save ever! You're so clever Kara and I'm so glad you didn't scrap this cutie card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kara, this is so beautifully colored and so glad after all that work that you were able to salvage it so cleverly. It was so great seeing you again at the retreat and having some one on one time with you for Copic coloring. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's absolutely breathtaking!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete