Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Colorful Card Corners with Make it Monday

A happy day to you all!  It's a happy day for me because I got to make a card using some new Christmas gifts! PTI's Make it Monday #196 over at Capture the Moment is all about adding color to the corners.  This one took a few times to get the coloring and inking the way I wanted, but I was happy with the end result:
 

It was my first time using PTI's Happiness in Bloom and Guide Lines Two, and I love them both!.  Inking on watercolor paper was really the key that helped the colors blend so nicely.  The large blossoms are actually the medium ones in the set.  I used Sweet Blush as the base, with Berry Sorbet stamped for both inside details.  The center was stamped with Lemon Tart and brushed back over with Harvest Gold.  I Masked off the flowers and used Limeade Ice for the dots and leaves.  The leaves were randomly stamped off on scratch paper first.  I also brushed some extra strokes of Limeade Ice as background foliage.  The background was made with a wash of Lemon Tart and stamped with Sweet Blush.  The sentiment, also from Happiness in Bloom, was stamped with Smokey Shadow.  I placed the panel on a card base made with Sweet Blush and added a strip of Melon Berry to balance things out. 

I was inspired by the following challenges:

Make it Monday #196: Colorful Card Corners - Thank you Danielle, your card was SO inspiring!
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2015/01/make-it-monday-19-colorful-card-corners.html

Virginia's View Challenge #11:  Clean Slate - I masked the flowers.  I was also attempting a one-layer card, but putting a panel on the card base probably counts as two layers - hee hee.
January's Theme: Clean Slate

Darnell's NBUS Challenge #3:  Using never before used schtuff - After being away from blogland for a year and a half, you can imagine I have lots of this (buying did not reflect using).  I'll just mention both stamp sets and leave it at that.
http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/01/happy-new-year-2015-nbus-challenge-3.html

Thank you so much for stopping by, have a wonderful day!

Kara Lynne

9 comments:

  1. SO pretty! I love all the water coloring and how soft it looks. This really is a work of art...well done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreamy beauty, Kara! Love how your stamping came out, and the pretty stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is gorgeous! I love the watercolor flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you did a beautiful job with this weeks MIM......gorgeous! Congrats on your shout out on Papertrey Ink FB.
    Can't wait for the big playoff game this Sunday! Two of my SIL are cowboy fans ....Green Bay has to win!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...this is just so pretty and your sentiment is amazing. I love your watercolorning, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card totally wows me! I just love it! The little pop of red at the bottom really brings out the flowers, adds contrast and creates a nice triangle of red that draws your eye around the card.
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, Kara Lynne! I love this technique of stamping on watercolor paper, too, but you have taken it to a new level with the after-steps! Beautiful background and extra strokes and I totally swooned over that added little strip to balance the design. Hello? Genius! Design Teams, where are you?! Thank you so much for linking again to my NBUS Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really beautiful card! Love the watercolouring and the red strip at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete