Thursday, March 1, 2018

Coloring Bubbles

Lawn Fawnatics latest challenge is to try a new technique.  Since I just got a hold of Lawn Fawn's Rub-a-Dub-Dub stamp set, I decided to look into coloring bubbles.  There are a few videos on YouTube here and here, but I also looked at pictures of the Disney Cinderella scene where she was washing the floor.  There's much room for improvement, but I enjoyed the process of this first try.

I wanted the tub to be white, and I'm more comfortable with Copics, so I colored and cut the bottom portion and placed it over the colored card stock panel.  The shower was also colored with Copics on white and cut out.  There is a cut in the colored cs so the pole could slide behind the bubble, and then a little white pencil in the bubble helps it look like it's visible through the bubble. 
The bubbles were colored with pencils and a white gel pen.  The little bubbles were stamps from LF Mermaid for You and Rub-a-Dub-Dub.  The larger bubbles were drawn lightly with a pencil by tracing circle dies.  To add a little depth to the background, I outlined the bubbles with Copics B66,63,and 60.

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #23 - Try a New Technique

Supplies:
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Rub-a-Dub-Dub, Mermaid for You
Dies: Spellbinder Circle Nesting Dies
Copics: 0, B60,63,66,91, BG70, C00,0,1
Colored Pencils:  Prisma Color White, Faber Castel Aquarelle 111,104,119,136,141,143,154
Ink:  VersaMark, Memento Summer Sky, SSS Blue Velvet
Other:  Recollections CS, SSS Fine Detail white EP, Signo white gel pen

Thanks for coming over to visit!  I hope you are having a wonderful, and maybe even relaxing, day!
Kara

13 comments:

  1. Ummm....I don't see any need for "improvement" here. I am blown away (teeny-tiny pun...sorry). This is sooo cool! What a brilliant card. That rich blue is perfect for this tranquil scene. I'm calling winner-winner-chicken-dinner for this card. For realsies. Amazing, Kara, just amazing! Sending hugs. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative and stunning card. Love the technique and what amazing bubbles! Love your attention to detail too with the white on the bubble so that you could'see' the pipe behind x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fun filled bubbly card Kara. You have created so much detail here with the floor tiles, bathtub and coloured wall and then there are those ever so real bubbles floating through the air. It's a masterpiece of creativity. Simply fantabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did an EX-cellent job with this technique. The shading on the blue looks fantastic and those bubbles look as though you could just give a puff and they'd float away. I enjoyed reading the how-to-s, and you did great work with combining the copic markers with the pencils. This is really cute! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bubbles are spectacular, no improvement needed!! This is an incredible card Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Your bubbles are amazing, Kara! You are so talented with colouring. I love the details of the shower pole showing through the bubble. Great job Kara!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish my first try at anything looked like this Kara! Your bubbles are so amazing! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your card is amazing!! Love the gorgeous blue color and all those wonderful fun bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, that does look like you had fun, they are fabulous and floaty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is out of this world, Kara! The way you colored the bubbles - they look so real! And the bathtub and the floor!!! It looks so inviting that I am ready to step in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm blown away by this... You are so talented and this is truly amazing as well as gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, this could not be any more fabulous! Your bubbles are amazing and you are seriously the Queen of no-line coloring! Love this card! Thanks for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Kara ... what awesome bubbles ... they look pretty perfect and pretty spectacular to me! What a brilliant, beautifully detailed scene ... dreamy and so delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete