Saturday, August 10, 2019

Twofer Card Challenge #19: Nautical

We're going nautical this month at the Twofer Card Challenge!  My twofer of choice is a mermaid stamp from MFT's Mermazing stamp set:
I spread alcohol ink on yupo paper and cut it out using that wavy cutter from Creative Memories that I purchased in 2001.  It's nice to still get use out of old tools.  The mermaid was colored with Copics, but then I covered her tail and accessories with Nuvo drops to see if I could get a good texture - meh.
On this next card, I masked around the fish bowl and stamped the images twice - inside the card, and on the front panel.  I cut a circle out of the fish bowl and added an acetate window.  I colored the edges of the scene on the front panel, and the inside scene to match.
 This is the inside of the card:

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT Mermazing, Bitty Bears, Stampendous Sushi Bowl Party
Dies:Sizzix Circle die, 
Paper: Yupo, purple scrap
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Potter's Clay, Rhubarb Stalk, New Sprout, Rose Bud, Bamboo Leaves, Angel Pink, Paris Dusk, PTI Melon Berry, Alcohol inks: Patina, Amethyst, Eggplant, Turquoise, Limeade, VersaMark
Copics:   E000,00,02,13,15,21,23,25,27,31,YG0000,01,03,06,11,13,23, G05,14, V01,04,12, B01,60,63, Y21,23,26, BG000,05, G 40,43, BG02, 100, C3,7
Other:  Creative Memories Wavy Cutter, Nuvo Crystal Drops: Caribbean Ocean, Apple Green, acetate, Gold gel pen (unmarked), Signo white gel pen, SSS fine detail white EP


I hope you will dive in with us and create a nautical themed twofer!  Please head on over to the Twofer Card Challenge blog for all the details and to see the amazing twofers created by my teammates and our talented guest designer Natalie!

Thanks for coming over to visit!  May the Lord bless you today!
Kara

16 comments:

  1. I just love both of these so much. Especially the mermaids in the bowl and I love how you coloured their hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing coloring, I especially love the mermaids hair. Two fabulous scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your waves are awesome and those mermaids are gorgeous. Their hair is colored so pretty and looks mermaidish and their tails (?) flippers look beautiful too. The scene is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Dive in with us!" I need to have you write the Twofer posts, Kara, you are so good with the word play!! And, of course, your coloring is outstanding on both your mermaid designs! On my monitor, there is definitely texture on Ms. Thing in her native habitat on your first card! (Way to go using that vintage tool!) And I think it's seriously genius that your created a fishbowl image for your second gorgeous design! To add to that, the inside is, in itself, a work of art!! WOW! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's so much cuteness and creativity to drink in Kara! You knocked it out of the park again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABulous...just love your sweet trio of mermaids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those AI-on-yupo waves are awesome, Kara ... how cool to use a 'vintage' tool for them (tee hee!). I was wondering how you got that fabulous texture on the mermaid ... not meh at all ... it's positively touchable! I'm blown away by your mermaid trio scene ... all the undersea details are brilliant ... love the way you've made the highlights in the mermaids' hair match their tails! What a wonderful surprise the recipient will have opening that card and seeing the fun fish bowl images expand into that fantastic scene! Big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards - I especially love how you colored the hair on those little mermaids. Did you feel bad, that you decapitated them and stuck them in that fishbowl? Just kidding....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - just love your mermaid twofer, Kara! What amazing texture on the mermaid tails and I love the fabulous waves on card one & the little scene on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, I'm blown away again!! Both of your cards are absolutely AMAZING Kara!! I just LOVE your Yupo and Al Inks waves my friend...they are SOOOOO cool looking! And your little mermaid is just as sweet as can be! Your 2nd card is FABULOUS! I just love how you laid it all out so all 3 mermaids were peaking through the fish bowl! And your coloring on all of them (I LOVE their hair!!) and the whole little scene you created on the inside are just BEAUTIFUL!!! Love, LOVE both cards my friend! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW!! You totally ROCKED this challenge. I LOVE the water paper on the first. So cool! But the second? Totally ROCKED my world. Your coloring is GORGEOUS and the interactive aspect is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so adorable! Your waves are so amazing. And the coloring on your mermaids is awesome--love their hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW!! What fabulous cards!! I am totally smitten with those mermaids... Incredible artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really fun and interesting cards. Thanks for the inspiration to get out old tools. I think I have the wave one somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Freakin' brilliant cards, Althea (pronounced Kara)!! I think your first mermaid's tail is just right; not too much texture, not too little! She's definitely a cutie pie. Those waves look amazing; makes me almost want to get out my ancient crimping tool, lol!! And that second card...Wow, wow, wow! That's one creative and stunning card. All those colors! In their hair, on their tales, and the little starfish "clips." Your detail makes me want to stay and stare for hours. Fabulous and fun cards, my friend. Love them!! Missing you terribly. Wish we lived closer...xoxoxo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness, these are amazing cards Kara! So beautifully coloured and two incredible designs.

    ReplyDelete