Friday, April 10, 2020

New Purple Onion Designs Stamps Illustrated by Julian Charlton!

If you're feeling down today, I hope these two will help you smile:
We're celebrating a new spring release of stamps with Julian Charlton's illustrations at Purple Onion Designs!  This is one of three stamps featuring Elliot & Marcel, the elephant and monkey.  Check out the blog to see all of the new images!  I will have another card featuring Elliot & Marcel early next week.

I love the size of this elephant!  It gives plenty of room to paper piece fun patterns.  I used some older paper from Basic Grey: Hipster.  He was shaded with Copic markers BG70,72, C0,1,3.  The monkey was stamped, colored with E70,71,74,50,51,53, and cut from white cardstock and glued back on the elephant.  The sentiment is also a new one from Julian Charlton, and there are several that work perfectly with this image.  I white heat embossed it, added some Distress ink over that, and added some shadow under the words with a C3 and C1 Copic marker.


Thanks for coming over to visit!
May the Lord bless you today!
Kara

9 comments:

  1. I love paper piecing and Elliot looks just FABULOUS in the print you used for him! Of course Marcel is looking pretty good himself too! Cute, CUTE card Kara and I can't wait to see more! Stay safe and many Easter Blessings being sent your way my friend! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they both adorable, Kara ... and so cute! It must be tricky to give an elephant a hug ... though Marcel looks like he's giving it a good go! Love the paper piecing ... so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how cute this is. I love the paper piecing and what you chose for him, he is adorable. Marcel is a terrific name for the Chimp and he is trying his best to give that hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulously fun design (and image), love that you chose the flower pattern for the elephant it makes him look so very happy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look like best buds and they are adorable!! What sweet paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, is this ever cute! What a darling little pair and I love the printed paper you used for the elephant. Have a blessed Easter my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look like a stuffed elephant and sock monkey that anyone would love to cuddle, Kara. No I'm not to old to want to cuddle a stuffed animal. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is adorable and I love the paper piecing! Can't help but smile when I look at this ...

    ReplyDelete