Friday, April 6, 2012

Ahh, coffee and a good friend!

Here's a card I made with a fun palate of colors on the Colour Create Challenge Blog.  I saw the colors and picture of those two gorgeous girls and had to play along!





I sure want to figure out how to take better pictures of these cards, everything looks so dull!  Please PRETEND you see the vibrant green, deep purple, and cream in this card.

I used LOTV Coffee Break stamp (a personal favorite), and LOTV Mixed Circular Sentiments, Copic markers on the girls with some Glossy Accents here and there, Ranger Distress ink, and Stampendous white embossing powder.  The ribbon, bling, and paper are from my scraps, but thankfully I can say that the striped paper is My Mind's Eye.  The scallop mat I cut with my Silhouette, it was actually feathers from a free turkey download I received around Thanksgiving time!  I cut the girls out and sat them on the ribbon with foam adhesive.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I would love any suggestions for brighter pictures if you have them, thanks!
Have a great day!
Kara Lynne

7 comments:

  1. I luv everything about this card; Coffee/tea theme is one of MY thing too. Luv this color combo. And luv your fussy cutting! Sweet card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Kara. Great colour combination. I love this stamp too. but have only used it once. I bought so many stamps I am busy working my way through them. I am a fussy cutter too, can't abide white edges, your cutting is perfect.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is DARLING!!! LOVE your little girls having tea--so cute! Fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful coloring and amazing fuzzy cutting! such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always place my craft light above my cards and turn my flash light off, etsy website has someuseful tips on photography too - though I can steel my husbands time I get him to take them as hes a photographer!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Handmade-cards/250874074935761
    there is the linky to my cards ( sorry they are on face book - if you search for eve walker under people on www.etsy.com I also have a few piccies on their too.

    hugs x

    ps stunnig card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Eve, I will try that. I looked at your cards on my husband's facebook account (I'm the only person without one, I know). They are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them with me.

      Delete
  6. wow Kara what a beautofully coloured and designed card, I love it...thanks for playing along with our Colour create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete