Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Inspired by Vicky from Lily Pad Cards

Today I thought I'd share a card I made that was inspired by Vicky Papaioannou.  She has a clever way of giving dimension to almost anything!

I'm entering this card in two challenges this week:  Cupcake Craft Challenges, and Stampartic.

Cupcake Craft Challenges is: Sewing Box
Stampartic's challenge is a birthday card for a girl using elements on their Bingo board.  I decided to go diagonal with flowers (paper), stamp (sentiment), and ribbon (dress, etc.).



The dress form is a shape from my Silhouette cutting machine.  It was a free one. I downloaded it, but never knew what to do with it!  I used a Fiskars edge punch, and Ranger Distress Ink.  The tags and patterned paper are from my stash.  I wish I could tell you what they are.  I've been scrap-booking my children's lives for ten years now, so I have quite the array of scraps!  Maybe someone could identify these?  The ribbons and buttons were also in my scraps. 
Thanks for viewing.  I hope you have a great day!
Kara Lynne

11 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Just come across your blog while hopping about...Fabulous card,lovely colours and I love the design and dimension....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, thanks so much for your encouraging words! I took a look at your blogs, you are a busy lady! They all look dynamic. I'm looking forward to joining in the fun.

      Delete
    2. That almost looks like many thanks, but I meant to say, "Mandy, thanks"!

      Delete
  2. This really does have dimension Kara. Love the colours. Glad to see you now have a followers section.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, yes, I just figured out that follower gadget, I feel so green. As a prime example, I'm trying to comment on your new LOTV card. It's gorgeous, but I'm not seeing where to leave the comment!

      Delete
  3. Wow Kara! Lovely combination of colors and your ribbin dress is gorgeous! So happy and honored this beauty was inspired by one of my cards!!! You rock girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky, you sure made my day! I'm jumping around beaming! My family is looking at me like I'm a crazy nut (they just don't know what's important in life)! Anyway, thanks for your kind and encouraging words!

      Delete
  4. love this pretty color combo and the ribbon dress. so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice, thanks for coming over to look! I sure am enjoying your blog!

      Delete
  5. Oh! This is so beautiful! Loving the purple and yellow combo, so striking! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! And so perfect for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete