Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sweet Sweet Baby

The kids are out of school, we just put up the trampoline, camping trips are all scheduled, and summer has begun!  I will be curious to see how it effects my card making.  So far, NOT helpful!  This time with them is so precious to me, so I'm learning to adjust.  One of my summer's projects is to teach my oldest daughter how to play the clarinet.  I don't play it myself, so a bit of a challenge, but my undergrad degree was music therapy, so I have enough background to get her started.  So far, so good, she can make a pretty good sound without squeaks!  Both girls want to learn to knit, so we'll do that too, and we'll start a new book series.  Not sure which one yet, last summer's was Narnia.  Sounds like I'm making them into Susie Homemakers - Ha!  
This little card was a process, let me tell you.  It started out for Freshly Made Sketches, but got WAY too distressed to consider it "fresh"!  Rita on their design team is having a baby girl and is not into all the pink, so I decided to use that as part of my challenge.  I used LOTV Baby Girl image and WeRMemory Keepers Anthologie for the background and  the little dot paper.  The sentiment is from old Stampin' Up stamps that, unfortunately, I can't identify.  I cut the flowers and swirl frames on my Silhouette.  I used Copics to color, and Ranger Distress ink Old Paper to blend.  The cardstock, fibers, and brads are from my stash.

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Lili's Little Fairies - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for coming over today!  I always love visitors and especially when you comment - that just makes my day!
Kara Lynne

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and intricate details, Kara Lynne! Your coloring and design are fabulous in this one! Totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Kara, very modern and love your fibers around the edge. Nice to see a different coloured baby card.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara, this is just gorgeous! I love this image and your colours and layout are stunning. A lovely change from a pink baby card! Thanks for becoming a follower. I am really looking forward to following you too. Luv Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is so darling! I love the colors and this image is so darling!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids have a few more weeks of school left...a trampeline sounds like a great idea! We mostly hang out at my mom's pool...aka camp grandma!!!
    Adorable card, Kara! That little lady is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete