Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Iron Man

Today is my brother's birthday.  He had his midlife crisis several years ago and decided to get back into shape.  Wish that was how I dealt with crisis!  Have you noticed that card making does not expend near the amount of calories it should?  Anywho, he completed his first Iron Man competition last year in Louisville, KY and this year it's Madison, WI.  We all tease him now because he came home from Louisville with about every and anything that had the IM emblem on it: hat, shirt, phone cover... you get the picture.  So I decided to make him an IM birthday card.



Not much to explain here.  I will write the message inside with a white gel pen.  Besides the circle, I cut everything pretty much free hand from my scraps.  Does anyone else still use the Creative Memories circle and oval cutters from about ten years ago?  I also use the small personal trimmer.  These are the tools that launched me into the scrapbooking and now the card making world.

This card fits very nicely into the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays this week.
Thanks for coming over to visit.  I hope you have a great day!
Kara Lynne

18 comments:

  1. What?! I thought card making was huge in the cardio department? LOL...wishful thinking on my part:)

    Great card for your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is perfect for him! Great CAS design Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, love the simplicity of your card..
    TFS and enjoy your Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this! Love how graphic it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I dealt w/ stress that way too! I'd be a run way model :) Great card, so creative and personal to your bro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The designer strikes again !!!!!! Fab card Kara, I'm sure he will love it
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just so talented! This is beyond adorable and so wonderfully personal and fitting for your brother. I predict you're going to be asked to be on several Design Teams!

    I just relocated the cute little box that my old cutters are in and wondered the same thing. I had trouble ever getting the hang of using them, truth be told, so I can't say I'm sorry that I've moved on to circle dies. Still need to get that oval die, however, so I do still use my old oval cutters. It is interesting to be in the hobby long enough to watch the evolution of styles and tools ... and to let some of them pass you by while you stay with the "old-fashioned" ways. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How creative, I love it! And I'm sure your brother will love it even more (frame it?!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cute Kara Lynne. I love you creativity. Such a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So original and creative, Kara Lynn! Your brother is going to love it! And kudos to him on doing the Iron Man! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kara Lynne!! Your card is amazing!!! LOVE the meaning of your card, your creativity and craftsmanship...what a great job you did making that "M"!! And what a thoughtful sister you are, your brother is going to LOVE this card, especially given his "obsession":)!! LOVE your card:)!!! I'm so glad you are a part of CAS-ual Fridays...love seeing what you will create:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card speaks to the graphic designer in me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea to make your brother a IM card since it's a big part of his life! :> Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes I have the creative memories circle and oval cutters...they were my first tools that revolutionised my crafting!!!
    This is such a clever, personalised card Kara and perfect for the black base challenge :0)
    Thanks for linking up to CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, you are too funny!! If I could never workout again and only make cards, A happy girl I would be! Love this card and I am sure your brother will too!
    By the way...I saved you a slice of pie...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, this is clean, clever, and graphic perfection! Your brother is going to smile big when you give him this card! And yeah, totally agree about cardmaking not burning enough calories. So unfair, lol!
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is SUPER fun and clever!!! I love that you used this social icon to pay homage to your brother's amazing accomplishment! No doubt he loved it!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so neat and clever! bet your brother loves this!

    ReplyDelete