Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thinking of...Michelle!

Yes, Michelle Bala was on my mind when I was making this card.  She is such a gifted card maker and the Guest Designer of the Week at The Shabby Tea Room.  I was looking at this week's inspirational photo and my eye was drawn to the walls and ceiling (of the picture, not my own).  I scrolled down a bit, and there it was, totally captured by Michelle's beautiful card!  I love the elegance Michelle adds to each one of her creations. Here's this week's inspiration photo:

We were to use kraft, cream/white, pink, and lace.  I was inspired by the walls, but also the chandelier, and all the straight lines in the photo.

The chandelier is called, "3-D Chandelier" from the Silhouette online store (it was free one week so I grabbed it).  I had to edit it a bit to get a flat image.  The little lace medallions I cut on the Silhouette a while ago, but that file got lost when I updated versions, so not sure on it.  The flower is from "assorted quilled flowers" also from the Silhouette store.  The papers are all from my scraps and include ones from Basic Grey, Cloud 9, The Paper Company, and Lily Bee Design.  I'm sorry I can't identify them all.  I made the leaf using a McGill punch and hand-cut the little tags.  Pearls I had on hand as well as the eyelet lace and ribbon.  I distressed with Gathered Twigs, Old Paper, and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks.  The stamps are Hero Arts, "Say it All", and "Sparkle Clear: Love That."

This card is entered in the following challenge:
The Shabby Tea Room: Week#122 "Elegance and Lace"

Thank you, Michelle, and Tammy who chose the theme at The Shabby Tea Room.  Thanks to all my blogging friends for your inspiration and encouragement! 
Kara Lynne



31 comments:

  1. Very pretty!Love all of your shabby touches!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabulous, beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara - this is a wonderful shabby-chic creation, full of gorgeous eye-candy! Absolutely LOVE it!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning sweetie, this is gorgeous, especially the colour ways, stunning work sweetie, Huge hugs ♥ Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara this is a WOWWWWWWWWWWW card. Gorgeous colour, fab design, perfect embellishments. I love it.
    Congrats on your TWO wins this week, I'm sure this will be anothere one
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Kara, I am so touched! Thank you for these kind words!!! You are so sweet to me! :)
    I hope you know how much you inspire me!!! :)
    This card is simply breathtaking! The chandelier is AMAZING!!! I LOVE how you embellished it with pearls...AWESOME! The flower and medallions are beautiful! The tags you hand cut are PERFECT(looks like a die cut)!!! Love the leaf and lace too! Did I miss anything?..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I forgot... Congrats on your win at the PDC...so deserving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS!! Love the way you've used this pretty color combo, Kara Lynne! So many wonderful details and layers! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely = has that pretty vintage flair to it.....
    Enjoy your Friday and crafty weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous, Kara!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning, Kara Lynne! LOVE that chandelier centerpiece and the way you've dressed it up with those gorgeous pearls and ribbon and lace! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Kara! Love the chandelier and the way you cut it down a bit, and the pearls look beautiful hanging from it. Every detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Word Kara this is beautiful what a gorgeous card well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh-la-la! So romantic! Love the colors and textures and layering. Beautiful! Makes me want to be all girly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so very pretty! I love all of the feminine details, especially the pearls you added to the chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome gorgeousness! Your take on the TSTR inspiration is spot on! Love the chandelier with the pearl drops!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You do Shabby Chic card so beautifully!! Love the romantic feel of it! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is drop dead gorgeous with the colors and your details, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is sooooo lovely! I love your take on the inspiration photo! And I love how you combined all of your elements into such a beautiful card! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. i adore your take on this challenge, Kara! beautiful soft colors and love the vintage look. fabulous work as always! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning Kara Lynne!! It is soo elegant and very shabby chic!! I love the colours and your fabulous layout. A wonderful piece of work. Luv & Hugs, Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh! Kara, this is so stunningly elegant hun. I love it! Have a good weekend.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such pure class I can hardly stand it! Wow! Glorious - every detail. Love it so!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow what an AMAZING card! Love all the fantastic details!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow...this card is so amazing. Those beads handing for the chandelier...so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous, just love the chandelier! Thanks for sharing with The Shabby Tearoom.

    ReplyDelete
  27. gorgeous! I love that chandie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Kara Lynne your card is absolutely stunning. You have certainly captured that gorgeous room (wish it was mine!). That flower is beautiful. Your card is so elegant I love it. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete