Monday, July 18, 2022

Celebrating a Proud Moment with Purple Onion Designs

Whenever my young children did something well, I always said, "I'm so happy for you!  That has to feel great!"  It was my way of trying to keep their focus on the action, rather than their mother's reaction, or use it as a measure of self-worth. Is Mom proud of me, or disappointed in me?  As the girls got older, they explained to me that I have a "tell" that let them know EXACTLY what I thought of their actions.  So much for my good intentions.  Ah well, I tried - lol!

Both of my girls know that I am extremely proud and happy of the young ladies that they have become.  Here, Gillian, Faye, and Owen are cheering about a job well done:

I colored them with Copic markers, adding t-shirts to their bodies.  The pom poms are from Gillian's Gear and the sentiments are from Let's Celebrate Sentiment Set.  The frame and bow are from MFT.  I created the smaller frame by stacking two frames together and using the negative.
Thanks for coming over to visit!
May the Lord bless you today!
Kara


6 comments:

  1. This is super cute Kara! You're such a good mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwww...SUPER CUTE card Kara!! And yes, you are a good mom!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just darling, Kara! I love the deep red you've used today for these adorable critter-sweaters and poms! I'm betting your mom skills are as great as your Copic skills!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet and adorable, I love these little cheering friends! And it sounds like you're a pretty great mom too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those critter cheerleaders, super cute!! Sounds like great Mom skills to me, Kara!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one said being a mom was easy! Good for your good intentions. I'm sure they know how proud you are of them. This card makes me want to cheer too. I love the coloring and those pom poms are adorable.

    ReplyDelete