Tuesday, March 15, 2022

One "Universal" Universe! | Video

Distress inks and a bit of water is about all it takes to create a universe background.  Add some acrylic white paint for stars and you're good to go!  I took one sheet of watercolor paper and was able to create five cards:

I kept similar elements on all of the cards to make them easier to design:  Silver heat embossed, holographic paper, a limited cardstock color palette, and sentiment strips.

This first card is from the end scraps of the universe background.  It includes a partial rectangle and letters:

This card was also from a small snippet of the background.  It is cut with a Mini Slimline Stackable:
This card includes the largest piece cut from the background.  It is the largest of the Small Mini Slimline Stackables:
Veering away from the Year Eleven stamp set, this card contains a medium sized Stitched Rectangle:
 

And card number five includes a partially cut Mini Slimline Stackable:

I have a video showing how I created the sky and put the cards together.  You can watch it here, on Lawn Fawn's YouTube channel, or on my YouTube channel:

Thanks so much for watching, liking, and subscribing to my channel!

Lawn Fawn Supplies:
Stamps: Year Eleven, Beam Me Up, Super Star, Upon A Star, Offset Sayings: Birthday
Dies:  Henry's ABCs, Large and Small Mini Slimline Stackables, Slimline Forest Border, Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables, Outside/In Stitched Rectangles, Rectangle Frames, Oval from Giant Happy Birthday coordinating dies
Ink: Clear, Distress Inks: Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Wild Honey, Candied Apple
Paper: Holographic original and 2.0, White, Bluejay, Black Licorice, Cilantro, Vellum, Strathmore cold pressed series 400 watercolor paper
Other:  Silver embossing powder

Thanks for coming over to visit!
May the Lord bless you today!
Kara


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL nighttime skies for ALL of your cards Kara...they are out of this world!! (sorry...couldn't resist!!) Great idea too to make one sheet of the background and then split it up for all 5 of your cards...your stash has definitely multiplied! FABULOUS cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are "out of this world", Kara. There are so many things to say. The universe you created is simply awesome. Next - knowing how to cut it up for making five cards, then using all those different stamp and die sets to create them. I always learn something from your videos and this time it is mitering the corners to make the size frame you want out of that perfect cilantro paper. The letters for planet are brilliant. I loved that set that says 'I didn't planet it that way" when I saw it and you outdid yourself using it. Five wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, I'll need to share these with my husband, too! He's taken up astrophotography, so I'm sure he'll think you're a star! I already knew it - your creativity is out of this world!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kara so much to drink in here! I love what all of those little white speckles add. Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute cards, Kara! I like the witty sentiments and of course your artful techniques and coloring always inspire me. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete